Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summertime or Some Therapy Time?

In the middle of our crazy summer schedule was the Chop follow-up appt. Did I expect much from it? Nooope. Did Lia behave during it? Nooope. Was I instructed to do anything I'm not already doing? Nooope. Was told to come back in 1 year. 1 more year of endless therapies and such, just to hear that I'm "doing a good job". I've started to rely less on the medical community and more on my own mommy instincts. Afterall, doesn't mommy know best?

Between Preschool, Speech, OT, PT, Therapeutic Horseback Riding, Relationship Development Intervention and Music I think I've got it all covered. Lia's schedule is more like a college freshman, than that of a 3yr old toddler. Some day's I think I'm doing too much and other day's I feel like I'm not doing nearly enough. I'm trying to balance the lazy days of summer with enough non-lazy days.

The summertime is fun with Lia. She loves the beach, and screams out "OCEAN!!!"
The beach is a place where Lia can just be Lia. Free of all her therapies, she can run and scream and jump, just like any other toddler you see at the beach. I love the beach- I don't have to worry about stares and judgement. Lia blends in with all of the other excited children on the beach. And for this, mommy can just be mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment